Everyone knows this great Italian classic. The traditional Negroni is made from bitters, sweet wine and spiced gin. The ‘Royal Negroni’ contains all these ingredients, but with the addition of – oh yes – MVSA Brut. The result is a little less bitter and distinctly more indulgent. Another plus: this cocktail is ready in no time.
- 30 ml red vermouth (such as Martini Rosso)
- 30 ml bitters (such as Campari)
- 30 ml gin
- 60 ml MVSA Brut
- orange zest
- whisky glass
- mixing glass
- ice cubes
- Chill the whisky glass by filing it with ice.
- Pour the vermouth, bitters, gin and ice cubes into the mixing glass.
- Stir for at least 30 seconds until everything is chilled.
- Pour the cocktail into the whisky glass.*
- Finish off with MVSA Brut.**
- Peel off a strip of orange zest and hang it on the rim of the glass.
*Suggestion: with or without ice? This cocktail is equally enjoyable with or without ice. It depends what you fancy. Prefer it without ice? Remove the ice cubes before pouring it into the whisky glass.
**Want more or less bubbles? Adjust the quantity of MVSA to suit your taste