This sparkling cocktail looks the picture of luxury with its gorgeous autumnal hues. The recipe is based on the Breakfast Martini, said to have been created by the famous bartender Salvatore Calabrese. This slightly dry cocktail is characterised by its citrus notes and its perfect balance between sweetness and acidity. We’ve taken some creative licence with the classic ingredients and named our version the ‘MVSA Breakfast.’ Like any perfect breakfast, this creation can be prepared in just a few minutes.
- 40 ml triple sec (such as Mandarine Napoléon or Cointreau)
- 20 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup
- 60 ml MVSA Brut
- orange zest
- champagne flute
- ice cubes
- crushed ice
- Chill the flute by filling it with crushed ice.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and pour in the triple sec, lime juice and sugar syrup.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Empty the flute and pour in the cocktail without the ice.
- Finish off with MVSA Brut.*
- Peel off a strip of orange zest and hang it on the rim of the glass.
*Suggestion: do you prefer more or less bubbles? Adjust the quantity of MVSA to suit your taste
back to our cocktails